• Type of Travel
Our Services Fees
Regular $70.00
Rush $99.00
Emergency $159.00
Student Visa Service Fees
Student Regular $70.00
Student Rush and Emergency $160.00
Work Visa Service Fees
Work Regular $84.00
Work Rush and Emergency $168.00
My Account Video

View our 1 minute video; learn how to track your application, view your visa scans, and other great features of 'My Account'.
China Visa Instructions
Visa Application Requirements for US citizens

Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Email Requirements
A Chinese student visa is required for enrollment in a study course in China.

A Chinese student (X1) visa is typically issued for long-term study (more than 180 days) in China.
A Chinese student (X2) visa is typically issued for short-term study short-term study (less than 180 days) in China.
Passport Requirements:
Original passport and one photocopy of information page. The passport must be signed, valid for 6 months beyond stay in China and with at least one blank visa page available for the Chinese visa. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for China visa stamps.
New York and Washington DC: At least two blank visa pages are required.
Chinese Visa Application Form:
One original China visa application plus one copy.
The application form must be typed in CAPITAL LETTERS. Every question must be answered (please answer NONE if the question does not apply to you). Improperly completed Chinese visa application forms may delay the processing of your Chinese visa.

In addition, complete and sign the Supplementary Visa Application Form of the People’s Republic of China.

If applying in New York: the Chinese Consulate in New York requires the New York Supplementary Visa Application Form of the People’s Republic of China, with every question typed in CAPITAL LETTERS (including NONE or N/A if appropriate).
Photo Requirements:
One recent 2 x 2 passport type photograph, in color, front view and with a plain/white background.

OR - you can upload a passport photo to the Global Service Order Form when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.
Other Forms:
Houston and Los Angeles: Proof of Residential Address; clear photocopy of state issued ID (Driver License or ID). The address must match the address on the Chinese visa application form.
Official Invitation from China:
For short term study in China, the original and one photocopy of Admission Notice issued by a school or educational institution in China.

For long term study in China, the original and one copy of an approved Foreign Student Application Form (JW101 or JW202) issued by the Chinese unit, and an enrollment letter from the Chinese school.
Note: The JW202 must be signed by the student on the bottom right of the form in blue ink.
Medical Requirements:
San Francisco Jurisdiction: Applications for a stay in China of 6 months or more must include a Physical Examination Certificate for Foreign Citizens.
Washington DC Jurisdiction: Applications for a stay in China of 6 months or more must include a Physical Examination Certificate for Foreign Citizens.
Special Instructions:
Applicants of Chinese origin (born in China) must include a copy of a previous Chinese visa or their last original Chinese passport. Make sure the Chinese Name field is completed on the Chinese visa application form in Chinese characters.

New York: Applicants who have previously traveled to China must provide a copy of the previous Chinese visa. If the visa was issued to a previous passport, a photocopy of the canceled passport's information page must also be included.
Global Service Order Form:
This is Travisa's service order form, where you will provide your contact and shipping information, choose the visa processing needed and make your payment. You must print the completed form and send it to Travisa with all other supporting documents.
China Visa Validity:
Most Chinese student visas are issued for a single entry, valid for three months from the date of issue. The student must register this visa at the local public security department in China within thirty days of arrival in China. The student can extend the period of stay (based on enrollment letter) or request re-entry permission through this office. In some cases, a double or multiple entry visa may be issued, usually for a maximum stay 90 days per visit. Please refer to the jurisdiction information below and the China Consular Fee and Visa Options link for more information.
Chinese Visa Processing Time:
Chinese visa applications are usually processed in 4 to 5 business days. Rush 24 hour visa and Emergency same day visa service is available in most locations for additional fees. Please visit our Chinese Consular Fees and Visa Options link for details.
Visa Pre-Check - Have an urgent visa application with a tight deadline?

Travisa Document Pre-Check Service can save valuable time and reduce stress. Use Travisa Document Pre-Check service to avoid mistakes or delays. Experienced Travisa visa specialists will review and check your scanned documents to confirm that your application is ready to be filed, and will alert you if there is information that needs to be corrected.
Click here to register your trip with the US Embassy in China

The US State Department strongly encourages American citizens planning international travel to register with the US Embassy(s) in the countries they plan to visit. (Learn more).

In order to ensure that visa applications for most embassies/consulates are submitted on the day that we receive them, they should be shipped to us via FedEx Priority Overnight (not First Overnight or Standard Overnight).

Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured and in your possession.

China Visa Application Procedures

  1. Review instructions based on the purpose of journey to China
  2. Complete, print and sign all visa application forms, including Travisa's Global Service Order Form
  3. Send all of the visa application requirements listed above to Travisa.

    China Visa Applications can be processed in the following location(s):
Residents of these states:
Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin. *Exception: citizens of certain Schengen countries must apply in person.
Send documents to:
Travisa - Chicago
120 S. State Street, Unit 3
Chicago, IL 60603
Tel: (312) 332-1161
Tel: (800) 766-0608
Fax: (312) 489-8368
Residents of these states:
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas. *Exception: French citizens must apply in person.
Send documents to:
Travisa - Houston
1001 West Loop South, Suite 645
Houston, TX 77027
Tel: (713) 961-3500
Fax: (713) 909-3009
Residents of these states:
Arizona, Southern California, Hawaii, New Mexico, and Pacific Islands. *Exception: French citizens must apply in person.
Send documents to:
Travisa - Los Angeles
6222 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 210
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Tel: (323) 932-7300
Fax: (323) 784-3818
Residents of these states:
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. *Exception: French citizens must apply in person.
Send documents to:
Travisa - New York
290 5th Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Tel: (212) 613-2223
Fax: (212) 613-2287
Residents of these states:
Alaska, Northern California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington. *Exception: French citizens must apply in person.
Send documents to:
Travisa - San Francisco
220 Montgomery Street, Suite 991
San Francisco, CA 94104
Tel: (415) 837-0771
Tel: (800) 421-5468
Fax: (415) 534-1177
Residents of these states:
Washington, DC, Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Send documents to:
Travisa - Washington, DC
1731 21st. St. NW
Washington, DC 20009
Tel: (202) 463-6166
Fax: (202) 293-1112